Car care can be intimidating when you aren’t familiar with your car’s parts and systems, but when you know the right questions to ask, it puts you in the driver’s seat. Be Car Care Aware has developed the resources needed to empower you when it comes to maintenance decisions, along with top care tips.
Finding a Service Provider
Everyone wants to have a go-to person, whether for advice, for renovations or vehicle maintenance; but finding that go-to person can be tough. This is especially true when you’re in unfamiliar territory because you have no way of evaluating the service. Fortunately the automotive service and repair industry is a very competitive sector, so if you aren’t completely satisfied with your current service provider, shop around until you find one that you trust. Be Car Care Aware has compiled a list of tips for finding a service provider that is right for you. Click here to read more.
In Canada we have four distinct seasons that affect driving conditions and the condition of your car differently. For example, winter’s chilly weather can alter your tire pressure, so you need to check the pressure more frequently in the colder months, while summer’s strong UV rays can degrade the rubber in your windshield wipers, causing them to streak. To help you safely navigate Canada’s extreme weather and remember what maintenance should be completed when, Be Car Care Aware has created a list of seasonal tips that will keep you on the road in the cold, or heat, or rain, or snow, or sun, or fog. Click here to read more.
Regular preventative maintenance is the best way to keep car troubles at bay, but even well-maintained cars sometimes run into problems. Though we hope you never get stranded, it’s always good to be prepared for whatever life may throw your way. To help you plan for unforeseen trouble, Be Car Care Aware has created a list of tips and tricks to keep you and your passengers safe on the side of the road. From packing an effective emergency kit to knowing who to call for help, we’ve got you covered. Click here to read more.
Top Five Car Care Tips
- Check your exterior lighting regularly to make sure you can see and be seen, and keep your headlamps clean.
- Remove excess snow from your vehicle before driving away. Any snow left on your roof or hood can migrate onto your windows, obstructing your view, or be blown into the field of vision of other drivers.
- Check your antifreeze levels and make sure that you have the right concentration for your local weather conditions.
- Always keep a shovel, a snow brush/ice scraper, warm clothing and other winter essentials in your car during the colder months.
- Regularly top-up your windshield washer fluid and keep an extra container in your trunk in case you run out, so you can keep your windshield clean and clear.
Want to know more? Check back here for new tips, or follow us on Twitter for daily car care tips!